Founded in 1932, Sight & Sound is the best guide for film and cinematic enthusiasts. With a Sight & Sound magazine subscription, you’ll discover news, views and reviews of the latest in upcoming indie and mainstream cinema, as well as insight into world and art-house films on the horizon tipped for global acclaim. Conducting major surveys and sparking dynamic debates, every decade Sight & Sound magazine famously polls critics, academics and film industry names to choose and discuss the 50 greatest films of all time.
Look behind the screens, go behind the scenes and read interviews with directors and cinematographers with musings about the secrets of their craft. Don’t miss a movie moment with a Sight & Sound magazine subscription – a magazine for serious film buffs!
Before you hurry off to your local silver screen, grab a Sight & Sound magazine subscription! Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll find in your monthly read:
- 110+ pages of film insight and in-depth features from the best writers in the film industry
- The Numbers – a rundown of the best performers at the box-office
- Festivals – upcoming global film events
- News and views from the British Film Institute (BFI)
- The Five Key – five of the best examples of a chosen genre, discussed and debated each month
- Wide Angle – a detailed look at world, art-house and vintage cinema
- Development Tale – lesser-known films dissected
- Close Up – get behind the scenes and up close and personal with filmmakers, actors and institutions
- 50 greatest films of all times – regularly debated with a hot launch and updated every 10 years
- FREE digital edition with your subscription!
Issues per year: 12
Country of Publication: United Kingdom
Publisher: British Film Institute
Looking for the perfect gift for film lovers? For over 80 years Sight & Sound has been the bible for UK cinema-goers. With a gift subscription you will ensure the film lover in your life doesn’t miss another exclusive interview with leading actors and directors, reviews of the latest hits or in-depth special feature about the world of film.
Choose between a print or digital subscription. All subscription packages now include free access to Sight & Sound's complete online archive: 85+ years of unique film commentary and criticism.
FREE GIFT - BFI Compendium ‘Thriller: Who Can You Trust?‘ explores how onscreen thrillers have always captured the unease of the times, while holding us on the edge of our seat, gripped in suspense. Subject to availability.