The Field is the oldest country and field sport magazine on the planet. That’s the kind of knowledge and experience you can’t argue with. Its first issue appeared in 1853 and, to give some context, the following year the magazine included personal experiences of people who were at the Charge of the Light Brigade. The Field is now, unsurprisingly, considered by many as the best magazine covering country interests and rural pursuits.
The Field doesn’t just write about the hunting and shooting lifestyle, but is very active in the community itself. Throughout its history it’s left its mark on these pursuits including involvement in the first Field Trials and Dog Shows, testing of the rower’s sliding seat, experiments in fishing, and the design of the modern golf ball. That’s a CV not to be sniffed at.
Buy a The Field magazine subscription and in every issue you’ll get:
- 170+ colour pages filled with features on everything from great fishing spots and rifle advice, to English history and the British countryside
- Opening shots – Start off with some featured art and a look at the person who created it
- New in the field – Looking for wardrobe update? Look no further from some great advice on some new stylish items
- Game chef – This section looks at cooking what you catch and the chefs who do it best
- On the market – If you’re after a new property or just want to have a look at what’s out there, this section is for you
- Young in the field – Jonathan Young, the editor of The Field, let’s you know what’s been interesting him lately
- Younger in the field – Aurora Eastwood offers her own version of Young in the field
Cover Price: £4.99
Issue per year: 12
Country of publication: United Kingdom
Distributor: IPC Media
The Field is for all those who dedicate their time outdoors to hunting, shooting, and fishing, and love very minute of it.
Every magazine comes with riveting accounts of hunting expeditions, expertise and advice on everything from guns to kit, and a few eccentricities and historic stories from around the British Isles. It’s the perfect companion for anyone waiting for the next day they can get out into the field or down to the lake.
Do yourself a favour and get a The Field subscription today. You won’t regret it.