Launched in 1922, Reader’s Digest magazine was the brainchild of American copywriter Dewitt Wallace, who decided to create a new kind of magazine after reading several during his rehabilitation after a First World War shrapnel injury. This new magazine would contain the most interesting and engaging articles across a breadth of topics, so that readers would read about the most important and interesting current affairs, news and trends in one pocket-size publication. The first UK issue landed in 1938 and Reader’s Digest has published everything from trailblazing features to money saving tips to hilarious jokes ever since, often pioneering huge news stories and courageous journalism.
With a Reader’s Digest magazine subscription you’ll find interesting, engaging interviews with respected names in film, TV, literature, politics, music and more, with the popular ‘I Remember’ feature where celebrities recall key memories from their younger years. Peruse the latest advice in wellbeing and diet alongside galleries of converted homes, key advice for travelling abroad as well as what’s in the stars. Reader’s Digest is full of the most interesting articles and columns around – don’t miss a minute with a subscription to one of the UK’s best loved magazines.
Keep up to date with a Reader’s Digest magazine subscription or treat someone special to a monthly dose of outstanding informed journalism all year round. Inside every engaging issue of Reader’s Digest you’ll receive:
- Inspiring - Real life stories
- Insightful and thought-provoking journalism
- Advice on money, cars, maintaining your home and garden and living well
- Expert voices dissecting current affairs
- Recommendations and guides on the latest films, books, travel, music and television
- Seasonal events, travel reports and holiday ideas
- Quizzes, puzzles and the legendary Word Power pages
- Fun jokes, facts and figures to keep you entertained
- Award-winning health features
- Win – a monthly photo competition plus the chance to win £1,000 every month
Issues per year: 12
Country of Publication: United Kingdom
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Over 90 years of publication has led to Reader’s Digest becoming one of the most trusted names in print today. Join 430,000 loyal long term readers and treat yourself to a Reader’s Digest magazine subscription, with a monthly edit of the most interesting articles on current issues, entertainment and lifestyle around.
From spine-tingling real life stories and nail-biting adventures to money saving tips, a Reader’s Digest magazine subscription is the perfect pocket-size way to stay informed, delivered direct to your door.