The magazine.co.uk team take The Great British Bake Off seriously and in the spirit of all things sweet, we’re baking every week up to the final!
Here at magazine.co.uk HQ, the team have been busy creating another beautiful bake, just in time for the Bake Off. Inspired by a recipe in Baking Heaven magazine by Britt Whyatt of She Who Bakes, our Managing Director Carola whipped up a baking storm with these raspberry, lemon and white chocolate cupcakes.
Baking Heaven’s Raspberry, Lemon & White Chocolate Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- a punnet of raspberries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 200g (70z) caster sugar
- 200g (70z) self-raising flour
- 200g (70z) unsalted butter
- 4 large free range eggs
- 200g (70z) white chocolate chips
For the lemon buttercream
- 150g (5 1/4 oz) unsalted butter
- 300g (10 1/2 oz) icing sugar
- 2tbsp lemon curd
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 140c/Gas Mark 1. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and flour. Stir in the lemon juice and add the white chocolate chips last. Top tip - to stop the chocolate chips sinking to the bottom, coat them lightly in flour.
- Pipe the cake mixture into the cases, or use a large table spoon. Fill to around half way up the paper cases, add two raspberries, then fill to around 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top. If you're unsure, insert a skewer into the centre of the cake - if it comes out clean, they're ready!
- For the buttercream, mix the butter and icing sugar together, then add the lemon curd and lemon juice. Pour into a piping bag and pipe with a star nozzle (if you don't have a nozzle, just snip the end and pipe away).
- Finish with a raspberry and a dusting of icing sugar (or a light spray of edible gold glitter)!
So what do you think? Our team gave these cupcakes two thumbs up - a great crowdpleaser for your next birthday party or celebration. Don't forget to pin the recipe above for later!
Inspired to get into the kitchen and whip up a bake (or two) worthy of Mary Berry? Don't miss out on the latest Baking Heaven magazine offer - when you subscribe today you'll receive a FREE Great British Bake Off Celebrations Cook Book worth £20!