The magazine.co.uk team take The Great British Bake Off seriously and in the spirit of all things sweet, we’re baking every week up to the final! We love these Delicious Breakfast Blueberry and Banana Muffins...
We've been busy in the kitchen again! In preparation for another evening of bake off success (and the odd soggy bottom), Account Executive Yazmin crafted these yummy breakfast muffins straight from the pages of delicious. magazine. Here's how to make the yummy breakfast alternative yourself - a fantastic midweek treat!
delicious. magazine's Breakfast Blueberry and Banana Muffins
- 300ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 4 ripe bananas (about 400g)
- 150g light brown sugar
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 400g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 100g dried banana chips
- 100g demerara sugar to sprinkle
- 2 x 12-hole muffin tins and paper cases to line (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases or lightly grease with oil.
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl (the riper the better). Add the both sugars, the eggs, vegetable oil and soured cream. Mix gently until well combined
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into the banana mixture and mix until combined. Try not overmix or your muffins will lose their light texture.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and top with a sprinkling of blueberries and banana chips. Dust with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. They'll be golden brown (and smell gorgeous)
Feeling inspired to bake something fresh this week? Treat yourself to a delicious. magazine subscription - the perfect foodie magazine to inspire you all year round!