If you’re trying to stay on track for a sunny break away (or just make better food choices), Sarah of Extraordinary Chaos blog has just the treat for keeping cool from her Slimming World magazine subscription. A diet-friendly dessert? Where do we sign?Its that time of year isn’t it? Summer parties and cocktails are in full force and sometimes we just want to be a little healthier. Or, are on that pre holiday run up and want to maintain or reach that beach ready body.
As a whole I follow a slimming world diet plan. I feel it works for me, I am able to eat plenty of the foods that I love, but still have treats. And sometimes a treat need not be laden with “syns” or calories.
With a little bit of preparation you can offer guests low syn options at a dinner party without them knowing, meaning you can still eat what others eat, have delicious treats and follow your healthy diet plan.Every month when my Slimming World magazine arrives I scour the pages looking for new and exciting recipes, enabling me to change up my weekly meal plan. Introduce new meal ideas and search out delicious new treats.
If I am cooking a meal for friends, I always try to ensure it is Slimming World optimized. In fact, many of our friends have been shocked when I reveal how healthy a meal they have just eaten was.
Entertaining really does not need to be unhealthy. Even dessert! I want to share a gorgeous dessert I made over the weekend; the recipe is from the Aug/Sept issue of Slimming World Magazine. Give it a try – it is delicious and only 1 syn per Jelly.
To make 8 you will need:
- 4 sheets of Dr Oetker Leaf Gelatin
- 12 passion fruits, halved
- 1 tbsp of sweetener
- 90 ml prosecco
- 200g pomegranate seeds
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Scoop the seeds and pulp from half the passion fruit into a food processer. Pulse for a few seconds and then pass through a sieve. Discard the seeds.
- Scoop the remaining seeds and pulp from the passion fruit into a saucepan with 200ml water and the sweetener. Place on medium heat and stir until the sweetener has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool, and then stir in the sparkling wine and sieved passion fruit.
- Remove the gelatin from the bowl and squeeze away excess water. Put in a mug with 4 tbsp. of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool and stir in the passion fruit mixture.
- Spoon the pomegranate seeds into 8 small tumblers saving some to decorate, and divide the mixture between the tumblers. Chill for 4-6 hours or until set. Decorate with pomegranate seeds.
Serve and enjoy. This is such an easy recipe to make, it looks great and tastes delicious.Discover more decadent desserts (like Slimming World’s Prosecco, Passion Fruit & Pomegranate Jelly), seasonal dishes and tasty midweek meals full of goodness with a Slimming World magazine subscription!